Privacy & Cookies
John E Haith Ltd (trading as Haith’s) is made up of the brands Haith’s Wild Bird, Haith’s Cage and Aviary, Haith’s Baits, Haith’s PRO. If relevant, we may contact you with an advert for one of our brands other than the website you visited.
Safety of your details:
Haith’s takes the security of your details very seriously. We use industry-standard encryption methods to deter would-be hackers. 'Encryption' turns your information into a special code that only Haith’s computers can unscramble.
Our website is HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) which is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between your computer and our website. The data sent via HTTPS provides three key layers of protection: encryption; data integrity and authentication.
Personal information may include your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We will not sell, distribute or lease (make available) your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so (see Terms & Conditions - ‘Ordering Goods’).
How we use your information:
John E Haith Ltd (trading as Haith’s and Bill Oddie’s Bird Food Recipes) will use the information you give us:
• To register your account with us.
• To provide goods and services and services. In the course of providing such services, your personal information may be transferred to agents, service providers and/or employees. Please note that if your order includes live food products your details will be securely sent on to a third party to process your order accordingly.
• To assist you with your queries over the telephone, via email, LiveChat, social media and the Haith's Baits App.
• To investigate and resolve disputes about your use of the Services.
• If we are required to disclose information about you to any relevant regulator or to anyone else if there is a legal duty to do so.
• To analyse your shopping preferences as part of our marketing programmes. This may help us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts and to inform you about any of those we think you will be interested to hear about. This information may also be incorporated into our staff training programmes.
• For marketing purposes. We will send you brochures, leaflets, and other promotional material for our products and services. We may also telephone or email you to discuss products or services. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please refer to the “Unsubscribing” section or if you have any queries about data protection call +44(0)1472 357515.
• Haith’s may monitor telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent services levels, to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes.
How to contact us:
• If you have any queries about how we use your information or on data protection generally please contact us at John E Haith Ltd, The Bird Food Centre, Genesis Way, Europarc, Grimsby, NE Lincs, DN37 9TU.
From time to time we may contact you with details on special promotional offers or products that we think you would be interested in, via Email, Telephone, and Post or via our APP. If you do not want to receive these communications you can opt out in the following ways:
i. If you want to change your mailing preferences you can either call us on +44(0)1472 357515 or write to John E Haith Ltd, The Bird Food Centre, Genesis Way, Europarc, Grimsby, NE Lincs, DN37 9TU. Please state which contact method you wish to be removed from (existing customers should provide their Account Number or address). Please clearly state whether you wish to be removed from Haith’s communications.
Requests not received in the specific format indicated, are in danger of being misdirected. We reserve the right for our customer advisors to contact you regarding your account where necessary.
What are cookies?
Cookies do not allow us to gain access to your PC, tablet or mobile device. We do not store any details relating to your credit or debit card. Where your actions can be tracked by a cookie this is usually done by giving your session (time spent on one website) an unidentifiable numeric ID.