Today we have been busy in the kitchen using these tried and tested recipes –
Anna’s Apple Suet Cookies
225g Haith’s Suet Pellets
1 Slice of Brown Bread (crumbled)
A couple of digestive biscuits (crumbled)
1 finely cut red apple
200ml cold water
- Place Haith’s suet pellets in an old pan and heat gently – be careful they don’t burn
- Once soft, empty into a large bowl and mix in all of the water
- Now add in all of the other ingredients and mix well
- Mould your mix into cookie cutters
- Don’t forget to add the string as that makes it easier to hang them outside
- Allow to cool in the fridge before serving to the birds
Abbie’s Birdy Cupcakes
100g Haith’s Golden Chorus
- Melt the lard into a pan and then add Haith’s Golden Chorus Mix, stir in well
- Pour the mixture into cupcakes and leave to set
- Decorate with dried fruit for extra decoration
- Before serving please remove the cupcake cases
- watch the birds enjoy their special treat
Here are some pictures of our creations:
We would love for you to get involved so we are giving away 8 x 250g bags of Birdcake Mixture, to tempt you to create your own goodies.
To be in with a chance of winning a bag all you would need to do is send in a picture of your best loved garden bird enjoying their favourite food. You can do so by posting your entry directly onto our facebook wall or via our firstname.lastname@example.org email address – the choice is yours but hurry as the closing date will be Monday 30th November 2015.
Just a couple of terms:
Competition closing date is Monday the 30th November 2015 at 3pm.
One entry per household.
Wild (free living) birds only.
No domestic birds/animals.
Competition is open to UK residents only.
Prizes will not be sent to addresses outside of the UK.
Names and photographs will be displayed on our website and social media network.
We look forward to receiving your pictures and GOOD LUCK